SARVA SHIKSHA ABHIYAN (S.S.A)
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) is a flagship programme of Government of India’s for achievement of Universalization of Elementary Education (UEE) in a time bound manner, as mandated by 86th amendment to the Constitution of India making free and compulsory Education to the Children of 6-14 years age group, a Fundamental Right
In Odisha SSA has been implemented in 30 districts since 2001 with the following objectives
- All Children of 6-14 years age group in school by 2003.
- All Children to complete 5 years of schooling by 2007.
- All Children to complete 8 years of schooling by 2010.
- Universal retention by 2010.
- Bridge all gender and social category gaps at primary stage by 2007 and at Upper Primary stage by 2010 and Focus on Elementary Education of satisfactory quality with focus on education for life.