The Collector & District Magistrate of Keonjhar is assisted by two Additional District Magistrates (A.D.M.s).
- Additional District Magistrate (General)
- Additional District Magistrate (Revenue)
The District level officers under his control are
- Civil Supplies Officer (C.S.O.)
- District Panchayat Officer (D.P.O.)
- District Welfare Officer (D.W.O.)
- Superintendent of Excise
- District Sub-Register
- Mining Officer
- District Social Welfare Officer (D.S.W.O.)
- District Information and Public Relation Officer (D.I. & P.R.O.)
- District Planning Officer (D.P.O.)
- District Development Officer (D.D.O.)
- District Sports Officer (D.S.O.)
- District Culture Officer (D.C.O.)
The eleven branches of Collectorate are
- General and and Miscellaneous
- Forest Settlement
- Superintendent of Land Records
- Land Acquisition
Duties and Responsibility of Each Officer
Collector and District Magistrate
- Collection of Revenue
- Maintenance of Law and Order
- Supervision of Developmental Activities
- Monitoring and control on other Government Departments in the District
- Acts as District Election Officer and Returning Officer
Additional District Magistrate
To assist Collector & District Magistrate
Civil Supplies Officer (C.S.O)
Supply and Distribution of essential commodities (Rice, Kerosene Oil, Sugar, Wheat etc.)
District Welfare Officer (D.W.O.)
- Supervision of Scheduled Tribe/Scheduled Caste Development Schools
- Disbursement of scholarship to Scheduled Tribe/Scheduled Caste students
District Panchayat Officer(D.P.O.)
- Supervision and Control of Panchayati Raj Institutions
- Holding of election for Panchayatraj Institutions
Superintendent of Excise
- Collection of Excise Revenue
- Holding Auction and Issue of license to Excise shops
- Registration of Deeds/Agreements etc.
- Registration of marriage as District Marriage Officer
District Treasury Officer
- Preservation of Government valuables
- Implementation of financial Rules & Regulation of Government
- Checking and passing of bills (Pay & contingent)
District Mining Officer.
Issue of PL/ M L( Mining leases/Prospectus License)
District Social Welfare Officer.
- Implementation of Social Welfare measures(OAP, NOAP, ODP, WOP)
- Supervision of Integrated Child Development Scheme (Projects/Scheme)
District Information & Public Relation Officer
- Publicity of Government programme
- Observance of National Ceremony/Functions.
District Planning Officer
- Monitoring of Schemes/Projects under Member of Parliament
- Local Area Development /Member of Legislative Assembly
- Local Area Development & un-tied funds etc.
District Development Officer
- Monitoring of developmental activities in the District.
- Co-coordinating Non Governmental Organisation’s activities.
- Controlling of Block Establishment Matters.
District Sports Officer
Promotion of Sports activities
District Culture Officer
Promotion of Cultural activities.
Branches of Collectorate
- Preparation of Bill Budget
- Conduct recruitment for Class-III & Class-IV employees.
- Transfer & posting of Staff
- Discipline and proceedings
- Pension matters
- Supervision & monitoring of Revenue matters.
- Deals appeal/revision in Revenue matters.
Supervision and control of collection of revenue
General & Miscellaneous
- Deals with Miscellaneous matters.
- Supervision of Urban Local Bodies
- Public Grievance Cell & Audit Cell
- Inspection of Sub-ordinate offices.
- Deals tour programmes of VIPs
- Settlement of Revenue Forest boundaries and creation of forest villages.
- Superintendent of Land Records
- Deals preservation of land record
- Creation of new villages
- Deals with Law & Order matters
- Deals with Jail matters
- Issue of arms and Explosive Licenses.
- Deals with cash transactions.
- Maintenance of Circuit House & Inspection Bungalows.
- Preparation and publication of Voter list.
- Conduct Elections to Parliament & Legislative Assemblies.
Deals with acquisition of land for public purpose and payment of compensation.