. . .









          The District Treasury and the Sub-Treasuries of the District were under Revenue administration prior to 01.04.68 and from 01.04.68, the Treasury administration was separated from the Revenue administration and is headed by the Director of Treasuries and Inspection, Orissa, Bhubaneswar under the finance Department.









Structure of the Department (District and down-ward)

          The Treasury code provides for one District Treasury in each district headed by the Treasury Officer under the administrative control of the Collector. There are also several Sub-Treasuries headed by the Sub-Treasury officers under the administrative control of the Treasury officer of the District.

          The District Treasury at Keonjhar and 6(six) Sub-Treasuries as mentioned below are functioning in different places at Keonjhar District.

  1. Sub-Treasury, Anandapur
  2. Sub-Treasury, Champua.
  3. Sub-Treasury, Barbil.
  4. Sub-Treasury, Ghatgaon.
  5. Sub-Treasury, Hatadihi
  6. Sub-Treasury, Telkoi











  1. Receipt of Bills, cheques and challans both from Government  Offices as well as private parties and passing thereof after due scrutiny.
  2. Refund of Revenue under various heads such as Revenue Deposit, Security Deposit, Civil and Criminal court deposits and Sale Tax deposits etc.
  3. Payment of pension and other retirement benefits to retired employees of State Government , Central Government , Railway, Defense personal and Freedom Fighters etc.
  4. Custody and sale of Non-Judicial and Judicial stamp papers to authorised Stamp venders and public.
  5. Safe-Custody of duplicate keys and other valuables of different Government  Offices.
  6. Issue of Cheque Books and Receipt Books to works and Forest Departments.
  7. Maintenance of Personal Ledger (P. L.) accounts of various Administrators.
  8. Issue of Certified Treasury Receipts and Certified Treasury Issue.
  9. Maintenance of Life Insurance Corporation (L. I. C.) Accounts of Government  employees.
  10. Consolidation and compilation of Treasury Accounts of the whole district and its submission to Accountant General (A.G.) Orissa and Controller of Accounts, Orissa.
  11. Inspection of Sub-Treasuries of the District.
  12. Disposal of Government   Promissory Notes.









Frequently Asked Questions


Deposits | Bills | Pension







Question No-1 What is the procedure of depositing money through Treasury Challans ?

Answer-  All kinds of deposits payable to Government  Department  should be deposited through Treasury Challan-  The challans form in form No. OTC-6 is available at the Treasury free of cost, while challans amounting upto Rs.1000/- can be passed by the Treasury Accountant, the challans above Rs.1000/- are to be passed by the Treasury Officer and the amount thereof is to be deposited in the Bank by the depositors.










Question No-1  What are the norms of drawal of money from Government exchequer ?

Answer- Money can be drawn from the Treasury by presenting bills through Book of Drawal by the concerned Drawing and Disbursing Officer. While claims relating to Government  Offices can be drawn through the authorised agent of the Drawing and Disbursing Officer (D.D.O.) the claim payable to the private parties can be drawn by endorsing the bill to the private parties.

Question No-2 What are the appropriate form for drawal of different kinds of claims ?

Answer- The following forms are the appropriate forms for drawal of the claims mentioned against them.

1. Pay Bill - Form No. O.T.C.-22
2. Travelling Allowance (T.A.) Bill - Form No. OTC-25
3. Reimbursement of Cost of Medicine (R.C.M.) - Form No. OTC-25A
4. Advances - Form No. OTC-25B
5. Withdrawal Form General Provident Fund (G.P.F.) - Form No. OTC-79
6. Fully Voucher contingent - Form No.OTC-31
7. Abstract contingency - Form No.OTC-32
8. Refund of deposits - Form No.OTC-45
9. Miscellaneous - Form No T O -13
10. Grant-in-aid Bill - Form No OTC-40

Question No-3  Is a sanction order essential for drawal of Government  money ?

Answer- Yes, all types of bills for drawal of Government money should invariably be sanctioned by the competent authority.

Question No-4 When a boll is liable to pre-audit sanction ?

Answer- A bill is required to be drawn immediately after sanction of the claim. However if a bill is not preferred within it’s due time the same requires pre-audit sanction by the competent authority in the following manner.

Sl. No.

Nature of claim

Competent authority for it’s sanction


Arrear claim upto Rs.500/- for 3 years

Drawing and Disbursing Officer


Arrear claim above Rs.500/- upto 1 year

Drawing and Disbursing Officer.


Arrear claim upto Rs.500/- above 3 years but below 6 years

Heads of Department.


Arrear claim above Rs.500/- of more than one year but less than 3 years.

Heads of Department.

Question No-5  Can a claim of more than 6 years old can be drawn by Drawing and Disbursing Officer (D.D.O.) ?

Answer- Under no circumstances a claim relating to more than 6 years should be preferred by the D.D.O., in exceptional circumstances it can be drawn only after due approval of administrative Department.









Question No-1  What is the procedure for sanction of Pension to a retiring/retired Government  servant ?

Answer-  The concerned Government servant is required to submit the following form and documents to his Head of Office/appointing authority for sanction of Pension, Death-cum-Retirement Gratuity (DCRG)/Commuted value of Pension.

Form of application for pension etc. as per Orissa Civil Service Pension Rules 92. Orissa Civil Service (Pension) (O.C.S.(P)).

Question No-2  What is to be done by the Head of Office on receipt of the Pension papers from the retiring/retired Government  servant ?

Answer-  The Head of Office should check all the papers submitted by the retiring/retired Government  servant with reference to Service Book and complete all the required formalities before sending the pension papers along with following documents to pension sanctioning authorities.

Question No-3  What is to be done by the pension sanctioning authority on receipt of the pension papers from the Head of Office and Pensioner?

Answer-  The pension sanctioning authority should check all the documents with reference to Service Book and sanction the pension/D.C.R.G. commuted value in Orissa Civil Service (Pension) (O.C.S. (P)) Form No.17 and forward the pension paper along with the following documents in Form O.C.S. (P) 9 to the A.G. Orissa for issue of final authority.

  1. Pension/DCRG sanction order in O.C.S. (P)-17
  2. Sanction Order of commutation in Form O.C.S. (P)-6
  3. Original Service Book
  4. Descriptive Roll
  5. Specimen signature of the pensioner

Question No-4  Can provisional pension/D.C.R.G. commuted value be paid to the pensioner by the pension sanctioning authority and to what period?

Answer-  If the pensioner applies for sanction of provisional pension/DCRG/Commuted value, the pension sanctioning authority may sanction provisional pension etc. in favor of the pensioner. On receipt of the order, the Head of Office where the retired Government  servant last served should draw the same in Form No. Orissa Treasury Code (OTC)-37 (B) and disburse the same to the pensioner. The provisional pension can be paid to the Pensioner till the final authority is issued by the A.G. Orissa.

Question No-5  Who are the competent authority to issue the final Pension payment order (P.P.O.)?


  1. The A.G. Orissa is the issuing authority of the final P.P.O in respect of State Government employees, MLA/MP/Freedom fighters & other State employees.
  2. The Controller of Accounts, Orissa, Bhubaneswar is the issuing authority in respect of employees of State Aided Educational Institutions.
  3. The Chief Controller of Deficit Accounts (C.C.D.A.) [P], Allahabad is the P.P.O. issuing authority of defense personnel)

Question No-6 What is to be done by the Pensioner on receipt of the copy of P.P.O from the issuing authority?

Answer- He should appear before the Treasury Officer/Sub-Treasury Officer (PDA) with his copy along with the non-drawal certificate being obtained from the last office of provisional pension etc. Nomination form for payment of L.T.A./Pension bill in O.T.C. 37 (1).

Question No-7  What is to be done by the Treasury Officer /Sub-Treasury Officer (PDA) after receipt of the document from the pensioner?

Answer-  The Treasury Officer should calculate the pension etc. and on proper identification of the pensioner with reference to his photograph, specimen signature/personal marks obtained in the descriptive roll and pass the bill for payment of pension to the pensioner.

Question No-8  Can a Pensioner draw his pension through Public Sector Bank?

Answer-  Yes, After payment of the 1st pension, the pension can be drawn from the authorised Public Sector Bank (P.S.B.) by the pensioner on submitting his application in duplicate to draw his pension through P.S.B. to the Treasury  Officer/Sub-Treasury   Officer.

Question No-9  How the widow of the pensioner will get her Family Pension on the death of her husband?

Answer-  The widow of the Pensioner should apply in Form No. OTC-38A along with the death certificate of the Pensioner for grant of Family Pension to the P.D.A. If admissible the P.D.A. (Treasury   Officer/Sub-Treasury  Officer) should pay the Family Pension to the widow of the deceased pensioner from the day following the death of the pensioner. But she should apply within one year of the death of the deceased pensioner.




. . .